If at any time you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your information, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIS SITE
Different kinds of personal information are collected by different parts of this website in order to ensure that the website is useful and functional. Below is a list of the specific kinds of information collected:
- If you browse The Shop: we’ll track products you’ve viewed (we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed), location, IP address, and browser type (we use this information to estimate taxes and shipping), shipping address (we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!)
- If you make a purchase through The Shop: your first and last name, email, and shipping and/or billing address, phone number, and optional information like username and password will be collected to ensure that the purchased item reaches you. PayPal processes the payment and Savvy At Home Mom does not see or store your payment information. The information you provide for a purchase will also be used to send you information about your order, respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints, process payments and prevent fraud, set up your account for our store, comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes, improve our store offerings, and send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them. If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
- If you fill out a contact form: your name and email are collected to make sure that the site owner can reply to your inquiry. But again, that information is not used for marketing purposes.
- If you subscribe to the email list: your first name and email address will be collected so that the email newsletter can reach you at the correct email address and so that the emails can be addressed to you by your first name for a more personalized experience. Our email service provider, Mailerlite, also tracks IP addresses and uses Google Analytics to determine whether the emails sent by Savvy At Home Mom were opened and what links inside the email were clicked on. This information helps the site owner to create useful subscriber-only content.
- If you attempt to login to the site: our security plugin, Wordfence, logs your IP address to help filter out hacking attempts.
- For blog posts with recipes: if you leave a comment and/or a rating on a recipe, a cookie is used to store the rating/comment along with the user’s IP address. This is to prevent spam.
What Are Cookies?
What Kinds Of Cookies Are Used And Where They Are Used On This Site
- Comments: if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
- Affiliate links: this site contains affiliate links to other sites which set cookies in order to determine that the link referral came from this website. These cookies collect your IP address. Below you will find a listing of our affiliate partners and their respective privacy policies.
- Our security plugin, Wordfence: this plugin sets cookies 1) to determine whether a visitor is human or bot, 2) to distinguish between a regular user and site admin, and 3) to identify if a user has visited a unique page you’ve set to allow them to bypass country blocking so that country-blocking does not prevent them from viewing the site.
- Our recipe plugin, WP Recipe Maker: this plugin uses a 30-day cookie that tracks your IP address when you leave a comment and/or rating on a recipe. This measure helps prevent spam.
MORE ABOUT OUR ADVERTISING PARTNERS, AFFILIATE NETWORKS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Our Advertising Partners And Their Privacy Policies
Privacy Policies Of Third Party Services Used By This Site
- Mailerlite (our email service provider)
- Google Analytics (our website traffic analysis provider)
- Automattic (parent company of Gravatar, WooCommerce, and Jetpack used on this site)
- Ninja Forms (our contact form plugin)
- WordPress.org (provides our website framework)
- WooCommerce (our e-commerce store plugin)
- Social Warfare (our social sharing plugin)
- PayPal (our payment processor)
- Siteground (our web host)
- Wordfence (our security plugin)
Affiliate Networks We’re A Part Of And Their Privacy Policies
This website is a part of a number of affiliate programs which grant commission based on sales through referrals from this site. Tracking cookies are used in order for the affiliate program or network to know that the sale came a link on this site. Below are listed the affiliate programs/networks we participate in as well as a link to each of their respective privacy policies.
- Commission Junction
- Creative Market
- Ultimate Bundles
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Sharing Of Your Data
Other than the use of your information described above, Savvy At Home Mom does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist the functioning of this website and/or help us provide services to you as long as these parties agree to keep your information confidential.
How We Keep Your Data Safe
Savvy At Home Mom is committed to protecting your data. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, the Wordfence security plugin which provides firewall protection among other security protections, and follow Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI) compliance requirements.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Information collected by Google Analytics is kept indefinitely. This allows Savvy At Home Mom to analyze long-term trends so that continual improvements to the site and its content can be made. However, you can request your data to be erased and forgotten at any time by filling out the form below.
If you make a purchase through The Shop, a record of your purchase will be stored for 10 years in order to assist with any questions or concerns you may have about your purchase and for tax record keeping purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
If you fill out a contact form to submit a question or request, that information will be kept for one year in order to make sure your question/request is fully resolved.
If you sign up for the email list the information you provide will be kept until you unsubscribe and/or request for your information to be forgotten.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where We Send Your Data
Information stored by this site and the third party services it uses is transferred in the following instances:
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Backup copies of the entire site are taken periodically
- This site is hosted by Siteground and all website data is stored on their servers
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Savvy At Home Mom does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Savvy At Home Mom has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This policy does not apply to any information collected offline or via channels other than this website.
FOR MORE INFORMATION